About the Site
This website contains over 500 entries specifically devoted to James Fenimore Cooper and his daughter Susan Fenimore Cooper. This includes
- 251 papers from the biennial James Fenimore Cooper Conference/Seminars at the State University of New York College at Oneonta, relating to James Fenimore Cooper and his daughter Susan Fenimore Cooper (Nos. 1-20; 1978-2015)
- 115 papers from the annual meetings of the American Literature Association (1990-2018)
- 41 papers relating to Cooper from New York History, the publication of the New York State Historical Association (now Fenimore Art Museum) in Cooperstown, NY (1914-1995)
- 4 Informal talks on Cooper (1990-2000)
- 43 other papers and articles relating to James Fenimore Cooper (1899-2019)
as well as biographic, bibliographic, and genealogical information, along with texts of complete books, etc.
A video on James Fenimore Cooper can be viewed at C-Span American Writers — James Fenimore Cooper.
Unless otherwise noted, the complete contents of this website are copyright © 2023 by the James Fenimore Cooper Society, Cooperstown, NY.